Welcome to the Ferring Innovation Grants Portal from Ferring Research Institute, the 2019 application period is now open through June 10th.
- At Ferring we believe in the power of research to identify important new therapeutics.
- We are passionate about science and committed to exploring new directions.
- We believe in the value of partnership and working together to move science forward.
- We actively seek discoveries and innovation from internal and external sources.
The Ferring Innovation Grants are awarded annually in January and are not renewable.
Note: we will NOT fund clinical studies, or studies which require the collection of human samples under the direction of an Institutional Review Board. If your proposal includes analysis of anonymized human samples, they must be collected independently of this application.
Please direct clinical research grant applications to Ferring USA educational grant program. https://ferring.envisionpharma.com/vt_ferring/
Specific Areas of Interest
Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Proposals must address the identification, or validation of either target or biomarkers in one of the following areas:
- Liver fibrosis
- Complications of cirrhosis
- Clostridium difficile
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Embryo implantation
- Oocyte and embryo quality
- FSH non-responders
- Anovulatory disorders
- Ovarian aging
- Male infertility
- Preterm labor
- Interstitial cystitis / Bladder pain syndrome (IC / BPS)
- Bladder cancer
- Fiona Cousins, PhD – Hudson Institute of Medical Research, Monash University
New treatment of endometriosis in a preclinical model
- Laurent Derré, PhD – University Hospital of Lausanne (CHUV)
Immunotherapeutic strategies targeting ILC2 and MDSCs to treat bladder cancer
- Marta Dueñas, PhD – Fundación para la Investigación Hospital 12 de Octubre
Evaluation of miRNAs and miRNA derived peptides (miPEPs) in liquid biopsies for bladder cancer diagnosis, prognosis and BCG treatment response
- Tracey Edgell, PhD – Hudson Institute of Medical Research, Monash University
A novel non-hormonal therapeutic path for improving pregnancy success rates
- Pradipta Ghosh, MD – University of California, San Diego
Boolean Algorithms to Develop Precision Macrophage Reprogramming Therapeutics in IBD: From Math to (Wo)Man
- Emmet Hirsch, MD – NorthShore University HealthSystem
A novel use for surfactant protein A (SP-A) to prevent preterm delivery
- Harmeet Malhi, MD, BS – Mayo Clinic
Hepatocyte-derived extracellular vesicle sphingolipidomics are a diagnostic and prognostic biomarker in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis
- Hiroshi Miyamoto, MD, PhD – University of Rochester
The role of latrophilins in urothelial tumorigenesis: a novel chemopreventive target for bladder cancer